Educating students since 1838, Borgia is a place rich in tradition and heavily invested in faith and family. Ours is a nurturing, supportive environment that thrives from the contributions of its members. With the help of faculty, staff, and parents, SFBGS is a place where children grow as students in God’s love. Borgia is a co-educational Catholic grade school that begins with preschool and continues through eighth grade. With several options for preschoolers and a full-day Kindergarten, our students embark on an academic journey that affords them the security of a familiar community during their formative years built on a firm foundation.
Our faculty is committed to providing the highest quality Catholic education for each student. Combining deep-rooted traditions and current best practices, we are dedicated to equipping children with the tools necessary to be successful in the 21st century. The result produces individuals who are responsible, life-long learners, effective communicators, and problem solvers.
Thank you for considering St. Francis Borgia Grade School for your child’s education. SFBGS prides itself on providing academic excellence, a positive, welcoming community, respect for all, and most importantly, strong faith formation. While the information on our website is comprehensive, nothing can take the place of a personal visit. I encourage you to schedule a tour so that you can see firsthand how we build strength through faith and knowledge. For more information or to schedule a tour, we welcome you to contact us at the school office (636.239-2590) or the parish office (636.239.6701).
The mission of St. Francis Borgia Catholic School is to provide a safe, Christ-centered, exemplary education to each and every student within the structure of the gospels, traditions and doctrine of the Catholic Church. The goal of our educational faith community is to develop students for future leadership in the world through academic excellence, service to others, and living a virtuous life.
Religion and social justice are at the core of our curriculum. Daily religious instruction offers numerous opportunities for living their faith:
- Preparation and fulfillment of Sacraments (First Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation)
- Daily all-school and classroom prayer
- Student-led weekly all-school Mass (grades PreK - 8)
- Annual class retreats (grades PreK - 8)
- Advent and Lenten Family Nights
- Weekly scripture service in school chapel (grades K - 2)
- Grade-level Mass in school chapel (grades 3 - 8)
Our engaging curriculum:
- Builds a solid foundation in reading, writing and mathematics
- Develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adapts readily to different learning styles and paces
- Fuels the imagination
- Excites students about the infinite possibilities of education
- Strengthens relationships with God
Students are encouraged to meet their individual learning potential by working at their instructional level. Resources are provided and additional learning groups are formed using benchmark and local data.
225 Cedar Street
Washington, MO 63090